Future Energy Partners led Universal to attain ISO 45001 certification status
- 17 April 2023
- Posted by: Future Energy
- Category: Energy
Future Energy Partners provides training and ISO standards implementation services to companies irrespective of the sector and size as well as second-party audits in preparation for ISO Certification. We conduct ISO trainings for the most popular standards including ISO 9001, 45001, and 14001 among others, and assist clients to more smoothly navigate the ISO certification journey.
Our consultants are recognized globally and are part of a wide network of ISO-registered and certified 3rd party lead auditors for popular certification bodies.
When a renowned first-tier international construction company decided that it was time to implement an internationally recognized ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System, Future Energy Partners Ltd (FEP) was there to help from the start to the completion of the certification journey.
Universal for General construction and Trading Co. Ltd (Universal) is among the most sought-after companies in South Sudan for its professional track record in the construction business but is also registered in Uganda with a capacity of more than 200 staff. The client did not initially have any pre-existing ISO Certifications or well-established Occupational Health and Safety processes but aspired to achieve ISO 45001 certification status to further demonstrate the effective management of risk within the company.
The numerous business gains associated with ISO 45001 Certification cannot be over emphasized:
- Realization of potentially fewer accidents and illnesses.
- Consistent, robust processes for managing occupational health and safety.
- Reassurance to interested parties.
- Improved staff awareness and engagement.
- Establishment of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Enhancement of organizational resilience and reputation.
- Rigorous approach to regulatory compliance.
- Competitive advantage as well as product and service differentiation
FEP completed a series of key actions that informed the effective project execution including:
- Completion of an ISO 45001 Gap Analysis that highlighted any pre-existing gaps between the company’s existing occupational health & safety arrangements and ISO 45001 system requirements.
- The development and execution of an ISO 45001 Implementation Project Plan that addressed all the actions identified within the Gap Analysis.
- Establishment of Universal’s health and safety objectives.
Operationalizing the company OSH Management Systems Manual.
- Establishment and completion of a schedule of internal audits.
Development and execution of blended trainings including: ISO 45001 Internal Auditor, and Risk Assessment among others.
- Completing a full legal compliance audit against the Compliance Obligations identified in the Legal Register service provided by FEP.
- Improving the process and management of Risk Assessment, Incident reporting, COSHH, Emergency response, Asbestos, Contractor Management, and Employee Consultation and Participation.
- Reviewing the company risk profile to ensure all significant risks had been assessed.
- Full support and participation prior to the 3rd party ISO 45001 pre-assessment audit and final certification audit.
This successful ISO 45001 implementation and certification process was a great achievement for both the customer and FEP. Attainment of ISO 45001 has provided a robust process for managing occupational health and safety risks within Universal for General Construction and Trading Co. Ltd.
What Future Energy Partners say about ISO certification?
ISO certification is a seal of approval from a third party body that a company runs to one of the international standards developed and published by the International Organization for Standardization
What are the most popular ISO standards?
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has developed a broad range of management standards to help companies to improve their performance, and the number of certifications to ISO standards continues to rise worldwide. The most notable ones are; ISO 9001 (quality management), ISO 14001 (environmental management) and ISO 45001 (occupational health and safety) https://advisera.com/articles
Reasons to Obtain Third-Party Certification
Internal use: Many do this based on a perception of market advantage and use the certificates in advertisements promoting their goods and services. Some organizations use third party audits and certification to verify for their own management the adequacy of their quality management system.
Supplier qualification: The historical use for a quality management system standard is as a basis for qualifying the quality management system of suppliers. Development of quality management system standards dates to the 1950s. One of the early standards of this type was MIL-Q-9858A used by the Department of Defense for use in qualifying some of their suppliers.
Today, ISO 9001 is widely used as a qualification requirement for suppliers in many different product and service sectors. The automotive, aerospace, telecommunications and other industries have sector specific versions of ISO 9001 that are used with suppliers. These all require third-party certification.
Regulatory requirement: The European Union, FDA, Japan, Australia, Canada and many other countries use ISO 9001 as the quality management system for meeting certain regulatory requirements. Some regulatory bodies require third-party certification, others conduct their own audits (second-party audits) to verify compliance.
In conclusion, Future Energy Partners is there to assist in conducting ISO trainings for the most popular standards including ISO 9001, 45001, and 14001 among others, and assist clients to more smoothly navigate the ISO certification journey.